Computer Arithmetic Algorithms. – 2a ed
This text explains the fundamental principles of algorithms available for performing arithmetic operations on digital computers. These include basic arithmetic operations like addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in fixed-point and floating-point number systems as well as more complex operations such as square root extraction and evaluation of exponential, logarithmic, and trigonometric functions. The algorithms described are independent of the particular technology employed for their implementation.
1. Conventional number systems.
2. Unconventional fixed-radix number systems.
3. Sequential algorithms for multiplication and division.-
4. Binary floating-point numbers.
5. Fast addition.
6. High-speed multiplication.
7. Fast division.
8. Division through multiplication.
9. Evaluation of elementary functions.
10. Logarithmic number systems.
11. The residue number system.