Learning virtual reality: Developing immersive experiences and applications for desktop, web, and mobile
As virtual reality approaches mainstream consumer use, a vibrant development ecosystem has emerged in the past few years. This hands on guide takes you through VR development essentials for sdesktop, mobile, and browser-based applications. You’ll explore the three go-to platforms-Oculus VR, Gear VR, and Cardboard VR-as well as several VR development environments, programming tools, and techniques. If you’re an experienced programmer familiar with mobile development, this book will help you gain a working knowledge of VR development through clear and simple examples. Once you create a complete application in the final chapter, you’ll have a ujumpstart on the next major entertainment medium.
2. Virtual Reality Hardware.
3. Going Native: Developing for Oculus Rift on the Destoktop.
4. Going Mobile: Developing for Gear VR.
5. WebVR: Browser-Based Virtual Reality in HTML5.
6. VR Everywhere: Google Cardboard for Low-Cost Mobile Virtual Reality.
7. Your Firts VR Application.