The third edition of this widely acclaimed textbook provides a comprehensive introduction to all aspects of global tectonics. Revisions to this new edition reflect the most significant recent advances in the field, providing a thorough, acceddible, and up-to-date text. Combining a historical approach with process science, Global Tectonics provides a careful balance between geological and geophysical material in both continental and oceanic regimes.
1. Historical perspective.
2. The interior of the Earth.
3. Continental drift.
4. Sea floor spreading and transform faults.
5. The framework of plate tectonics.
6. Ocean ridges.
7. Continental rifts and rifted margins.
8. Continental transforms and strike-slip faults.
9. Subduction zones.
10. Orogenic belts
11. Precambrian tectonics and the supercontinent cycle.
12. The mechanism of plate tectonics.
13. Implications of plate tectonics.
Incluye bibliografía, índice