Unsaturated Soils: a fundamental interpretation of soil behaviour
An understanding of the mechanical propertiesof unsaturated soils is crucial for geotechnical engineers worldwide, as well as those concerned with the interaction of structures with the ground. This book deals principally with fine-grained clays and silts, or solis containing coarser sand and gravel particles but with a significant percentage of fines.
1. Properties of Unsatured Solis.
2. Suction Measurement and Control.
3. Laboratory Techniques.
4. Background to the Stresses, Strins, Strength, Volume Change and Modelling of Unsatured Soil.
5. Thermodynamics of Soil Systems.
6. Equilibrium Analysis and Assumptions in Triaxial Testing.
7. Enthalpy and Equilibrium Stress nConditions in Unsaturated Soils.
8. Shear Strength and Compression Characteristics of Unsaturated Soils.
9. Work Input, Conjugate Variables and Load-Deformation Behaviour of Unsaturated Soils.
Incluye bibliografía, índice