Rock Engineering Design
Given the recent advances in site investigation techniques, computing, access to information and monitoring, plus the current emphasis on safety, accountability and sustainability, this book introduces an up-to-date methodology for the design of all types of rock engineering projects, whether surface or underground. Guidance is provided on the nature of the modeling to support design and the information required for design; also included is a procedure for technical auditing of the modeling and design together with the related protocol sheets. Written by two eminent authors, clearly structured and containing many illustrations, this volume is intended for consulting engineers, contractors, researchers, lecturers and students working on rock engineering projects.
2. The ways ahead for rock engineering desing methodologies.
3. Flowcharts for rock engineering modelling and desing.
4. Specifying the ionformation required for rock mechanics modelling and rock engineering desing.
5. Technical auditing for rock mechanics modelling and rock engineering desing.
6. Case example of the desing and construction of rock slope.
7. Case example of the desing and construction of a large underground hydroelectric powerhouse in a deep valley region.
8. Protocol Sheets.
9. Illustrative example of the Protocol Sheets use.
10. Concluding remarks.
Incluye bibliografía, apéndices, láminas a color