Rock Fall Engineering
Rock Fall Engineering describes first, the theoretical background to rock fall behaviour in terms of the impact and trajectory phases of rock falls, and second, how this information is applied to modelling of rock falls and the desing of ditches, fences and sheds. The theory of rock fall behaviour is verified by comparing the calculations with five carefully documented case studies.
1. Rock Falls – Causes and Consequences.
2. Documentation of Rock Fall Events.
3. Rock Fall Velocities and Trajectories.
4. Impact Mechanics.
5. Coefficient of Restitution.
6. Energy Changes during Impacts and Trajectories.
7. Rock Fall Modeling.
8. Selection of Protection Structures.
9. Desing Principles of Rock Fall Protection Structures.
10. Rock Fall Protection I – Barriers, Nets, and Fences.
11. Rock Fall Protection II – Rock Sheds
Incluye bibliografía, apéndices, índice