The book, published by Cambridge University Press, is an excellent manual on the principles of structural geology. But before commenting on the text itself, I’d like to remark that the material quality of the book is superb. This book simply says “read me, read me more”. Published in an A4 (kind of) size hardback format and full colour glossy pages. Rich in illustrations, sharp photographies and analogues.
1. Structural geology and structural analysis.
3. Strain in rocks.
5. Stress in the lithosphere.
7. Fracture and brittle deformation.
9. Kinematics and paleostress in the brittle regime.
10. Deformation at the microscale.
11. Folds and folding.
12. Foliation and cleavage.
15. Shear zones and mylonites.
16. Contractional regimes.
17. Extensional regimes.
18. Strike-slip, transpression and transtension.
19. Salt tectonics.
20. Balancing and restoration.
21. A glimpse of a larger picture.
Incluye bibliografía, apéndices, glosario, índice